Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic question for a noob repairing Bobcat.

sierradmax ยท 2009-11-27 12:19

I began tearing down my machine (1998 763). I removed the bobtach, auxilary hydraulic lines, front piston hydraulic lines and everything on the lift arms for removal. I thought (and this could be a noob mistake) that I would run the machine with the lines to the pistons open (taped up). However, I quickly learned that you cannot. Can I simply cap the lines or will that damage the pump?

Replies1
  1. #1willie592009-11-27 12:29

    Yes, you can drive the machine with the hoses for the loader components capped, just obtain the JIC plugs/caps you need from your local hyd hose supplier. Even if you operated a function that is capped, you would simply pop open the relief valve of that circuit. Be careful going up a grade with the loader components removed, your machine may now be a little butt heavy with these components removed.