Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Question for John Deere Backhoe

sinnful ยท 2012-02-13 22:35

I just purchased a grapple bucket for my John Deere 310d backhoe and am curious on what would be the easiest way to operate the grapples. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1bowen2012-02-14 06:46

    What type are they and can you post a photo? This link shows different type of forks and some info. http://www.bucketsolutions.com/debris-forks.html?gclid=CKfL0cKwna4CFdCP7QodZFMRHw Is this what you have? This would be nice to have moving large piles of lightweight brush. http://www.grapplebucketsonline.com/ This is another link that is maybe similar to what you have. Do you have a cylinder(s) that you need to operate?

  2. #2sinnful2012-02-14 11:17

    I ordered one from www.therakeshop.com . I will need to figure out how to run the cylinders for the grapple.

  3. #3dsgsr2012-02-14 18:37

    Electronic Diverter Valve for the dump and curl. That grapple looks to be very lite for a 310. David

  4. #4sinnful2012-02-14 20:03

    Where would be the best place to buy the electronic diverter valve? I am assuming I would lose one of the bucket functions while the valve is activated. I hope it works out well, it was built heavier then some others I looked at.

  5. #5willie592012-02-14 20:46

    You need a solenoid operated six way valve to divert bucket tilt circuit to open/close grapple circuit using bucket tilt lever. Brand hyd makes a six way valve, others may offer one, the drawback is you won't have relief valve protection for grapple cylinders when using bucket tilt (ports for grapple circuit will be blocked then). http://www.brand-hyd.com/ds/catalog.pdf

  6. #6sinnful2012-02-14 22:48

    Thank you, thats the sort of information I am looking for.