Hello Everyone and Seasons Greetings, I have an associate with a komatsu pc150-5 who bought a used hydraulic coupler. I am helping him with the installation but Im not to sure where on the hydraulic pump the pressure line is to be tapped in..The pc150-5 and pc200-5 I know carry the same pump. I was wondering if anyone on here is running a -5 that could pass me that info..... regards
I think it run's off of the pilot pressure system
What is the brand of the coupler. Some run off the bucket cylinder and some run off pilot pressure. It makes a real big difference. The pumps on PC200-5 and PC150-5 machines are different is size and output. They are controlled the same way but the parts are not interchangeable.
I have 2 Esco's and one JRB coupler and they all run off the bucket cylinder.
Hello Guys thanks for the interest..John C. as for the size of the pump it looked exactly the same as the pump that I had in my 200-5 coupled to the same 6D95L engine that im sure have a different static timing on the pump for different output but I dont have that machine any more so I cant say for sure.... The coupler he has is an older geith coupler(well it looks really old).The reason he asked me for help is because 1. I owned a 200-5 and 2. I have a geith coupler on my case cx210b. The instructions that came with my coupler was to connect the pressure line to the test port on the main pump for the bucket curl, On the Kawasaki pump in my case it has two main pressure lines coming out of it going to the valve body, directly below each of those hoses there are two allen key head plugs, the plug furthest away from the engine is the test port for the bucket curl pressure.... On the komatsu -5 pump the only plugs similar to that is located in the square blocks on top of the valve body where the main pressure lines from the pump connect to the valve body,...If it was my machine id just hook it up to the best of my ability and if it goes ka-put ..oh well....but since its someone else's toy i try not to guesstimate... My experience with the geith re-sellers I have talked to have given me the cold shoulder when I was asking for help and I was forced to go back to where I bought it from. Since he bought his used Im not sure who he can call but I told him to try but im not to sure how far he will get.. Im open to any suggestions
I know the pumps look the same but the internals and physical sizes are different. I used to rebuild them once in awhile. Is there a control valve with the coupler. If so there should be a relief valve cartridge which might tell the pressures the coupler is working at. If it is over 5,000 PSI, then you can work from any main pressure circuit. In this case I would suggest a T in to the bucket close circuit. This way when you close the bucket the coupler will push tight against the pins all the time. When you want to release, you hold the bucket closed and open the coupler with flow from the bucket circuit. Tying into the pump circuit will be iffy because the pump doesn't alway have full pressure all the time. At idle it will only have the jet sensor relief pressure which is around 500 PSI if my memory is still working. If it works from pilot pressure you only have about 500 PSI on that circuit also. There should be a plug on top of a fitting coming off the pilot pump that you can tap into for that. An 11/16" wrench will take it loose. This is an o ring bulkhead fitting. Good Luck!
Happy New Year Guys! Hope you all have a good and prosperous year... Thanks for the help John C, buckfever, I see the key to this is the relief cartridge setting..There is no relief cartridge in the coupler valve but there is one on the coupler piston... Here are my thoughts.. If it runs off of pilot pressure I can tap it to the pilot pressure pump like what was suggested... If it can take main pump pressure I can tap it to the main pump via the square blocks on the valve body with a one way check valve installed, this will give full clamping force even if the bucket is installed in reverse and avoid the low pressure drop when at idle, only down fall I see is there is only one relief valve which more than likely will be opening a lot...or I can tie it into the bucket cylinder which will have two pressure relief valve, the one for the bucket and the other on the coupler piston, it will clamp well during regular digging but not to well with the bucket in reverse... Ill just ponder this out but you guys have helped to give me some direction on this...Thanks again....