Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic quick hitch Bleeding help

Finn66 · 2025-03-30 02:24

Hi All, Case CX37c with Yanmar engine I have had my Hydraulic quick hitch ram out for repair on my Case Mini Excavator and would like to know what I need to do to bring it back into service, do I need to bleed the cylinder of air or just hook it up and operate it to remove air? I have searched the manual and there is no info on how to do it. Any advice appreciated. Also what is the correct method to check Hydraulic oil level, ie what position do I have the boom and buckets in? Cheers and Thx

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-03-30 02:27

    Generally you just hook it up and slowly cycle it both ways a few times to bleed the air out.

  2. #2HarleyHappy2025-03-30 06:54

    Ahhh, the mystery of checking the hydraulic oil. Every machine usually comes with a book on operation, it’s usually behind the seat but if not it’s different for every type of machine. Some are all tucked in, some bucket flat, right in front, with 90’s at the boom. You really need an operator’s manual. Might be, someone knows that exact machine. I would check it with bucket flat on ground with boom at 90 degree.

  3. #3Finn662025-03-31 07:07

    My machine came with the manual missing, and im struggling to find info online