Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat excavator cranking but notf starting

Kingstone Nengome ยท 2025-03-29 15:40

Guys can you help my cat excavator is cranking but not starting,when I connect it to ET it is continuously showing a fault code saying NO SPEED SENSOR but now I changed almost a set of 3 sensors but the code remained,I then checked continuity from the sensors to the ECU there is no problem l, I finally changed the ECU but still same problem.CAN YOU GUYS HELP

Replies7
  1. #1Gary Layton2025-03-29 15:45

    Start with a serial number.....

  2. #2Nige2025-03-29 15:53

    Also please give details of the "no speed sensor" Diagnostic Code, as in what number is it showing.? Post a photo if you can.

  3. #3Kingstone Nengome2025-03-29 23:26

    Serial number JSC19359

  4. #4Nige2025-03-29 23:31

    That's the engine Serial Number. Has this excavator been re-engined in the past.? Because that particular Serial Number JSC19359 is listed as a C9 Industrial Engine, not a machine engine. Again, can you post the Diagnostic Code number that you are seeing for the speed sensor.

  5. #5Kingstone Nengome2025-04-01 05:21

    Okay here is the machine serial number CAT0330DAGGE00646 and error code 190-8 abnormal frequency,pulse width.

  6. #6Nige2025-04-01 08:42

    Ho did this situation come about.? Was the engine running and just stopped, or switched off by the operator then would not restart when required.? Some background information would be handy.

  7. #7Nige2025-04-01 10:13

    Attached the procedure for checking the speed/timing sensor. I have to ask again regarding the Serial Number JSC19359 you gave earlier. This is listed as a C9 Industrial Engine, not a machine engine. The engine that SHOULD be in that excavator is S/N THY03769. Call me suspicious but my question is - did the "crank - no start" situation occur after a replacement engine was installed.?