Hey Guys I have a couple contracts to trim back bush lines and maintain rail line properties. The contracts and areas not huge, basically linear 2 miles. The area is very over grown and has been used as dumping area for load of fill that was not spread out. So it hilly not easy to push small brush mower. Also bugs and flies r deadly right now. I have been using mini ex with bucket and blade to push back small grows and pull large weeds/suckered trees. But looking for better solution; As I now have more weed/grass on mounds of fill that cannot simply blade off. Have really be enjoying my cab with a/c and no bugs, so not really interested in using conventional string trimmer. Contracts cannot justify a forestry head and my bobcat E32 really could not run one. Found this on net http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Hydraulic-String-Trimmer-p/et-hst-1000.htm what do u guys think? Would I need an extra oil cooler? Ideally I would b running several hrs at time. Thxs
I think it's a bit expensive for what it is. $2,500 goes a long way towards buying a flail mower that is sized and spec'd for your E32. What about financing the mower? If you have a yearly contract, spread the payments out over a few years, deduct the interest and depreciation and keep your cash for other purposes. How much fill would you have to level out to make the area easier to maintain? If it's a long term contract, maybe it's worth your time to sacrifice a little time now to make your work easier later?
Thxs for response. So I called the salesmen to get more details... I agree $2500 is a lot of money...So the $2500 advertised for Ex String trimmer does not actually hook up to Ex you need to buy an addional $500 plate. Plus atleast few hundred more to get it shipped from Washington state to Ontario ! $3500ish So I have also been looking for/at Flair Mowers...most too big...All start at $6k plus mounts plus shipping. So $7k ish.... Also I have called around trying to rent one but cannot find one in Southern Ontario Another member that does brush clearing has a signiture line of "Remeber unseen Old fence posts and Wire Fence are not Your friends" So sticking a nice well balance flair mower into scary old fence line sounds like a bad idea. A good investigation with 30" wide heavy string trimmer that will only break a few dollars of cutter string to find old wooden and metal posts might make up for over price attachment?? Should be very low maintence ie entire roll of string $20... Whats maintence on flair mower? Couple hundred? Also contracts come and go...not horrible to sit $3500 string trimmer beside my $3k trencher attachment from the other contracts that disappeared Not saying that a flair mower would not be great attachment. I am searching for a small used PTO to convert to Hydraulic too... Thxs again
Or this maybe ? Running on an old Bobcat 642 with only 9.5 gpm
How about a strimmer for the mini excavator? Easier to reach round obstacles, over mounds etc then with a skid steer. http://www.exac-one.co.uk/Products/Strimmer/index.html Graham
you don't want any two blade brush hog blade design, mini excavator needs brush cutter design like what is on the end of this swing boom cutter CLICK call XXX XXX XXX.
Well if your gonna shoot it down, better give some reasons backed up With in the field experience. I'm all ears, and ready to make changes.
p29 seems to only be pushing his business of selling attachments - could be wrong but that's what I saw in the posts I read
I noticed that....but on a brighter note, I see the moderator has gone in and eddited his post to delete the phone number.(and banned him/her/it) Thank you for that, I will write up some of the details when I get a minute if anyone wants to read them. I only made this to solve a problem on my land, I ain't selling them, and I'm sure their not a perfect solution for everyone, just posted it for ideas.
That right there is call African Engineering ! ! ! ! Big Safety issue. Maybe, but not on HEF. From the Forum Rules: No posts of religious or racist content may be made. Please don't let it happen again.
Gee...and yet, somehow....it get's the job done... https://youtu.be/Q_ycQ6Lf0xA
Hi Doug, A homely horse that works for it's keep, is a better horse than a pretty one that can't or won't. Your horse is working. The only issue that I can see is the lack of blade guarding. I saw a homebuilt tractor throw a softball size rock just over another man's head. At 50 yds., he said that he could hear the roar/whir as it passed over. Whacking a friend or family member would be heavy load to carry to the grave. I might consider building a twin spindle mower to get outside the tires. I like your idea.
Well, I hit lots-O rocks...they only seem to go 30-50 feet max. About the same as a tractor pulled unit. Bobcat makes a twin spindle unit, but as I posted elsewhere, I don't have the hyd power to run something that wide.