Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What kind of Laser lever is required for Laser Grading?

stone7 ยท 2013-07-17 22:38

What kind of Laser Lever would be needed for a dual mast laser grading box blade, for grading a slope? I'm completely new to this, and I'd like to first find a laser level, then shop for the receivers and other items. Is there a good choice for cost when looking for this type of thing? A best value? Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Construct'O2013-07-18 22:01

    If your going to be using dual receivers then your going to need a dual grade laser.Might try doing a search on here it has been discussed before i know.

  2. #2lumberjack2013-07-19 00:10

    Why would you need a dual slope laser to run a box with two receivers? The receivers just see the laser's plane and adjust that side of the box accordingly. It doesn't matter if it's flat, sloped, dual sloped, coned, etc.

  3. #3stone72013-07-19 14:42

    I just bought a Dave White, dual slope laser. I did find some stuff here, I couldn't find it at first. I wish somebody would clear up Lumberjacks question, I'm not sure about this. I thought a dual slope rotating laser, still only sent out one rotating laser, creating what amounts to a disk, that is simply sloped in two directions. So, say you're looking at your field, it can slope down and left, as an example. I also don't quite understand what it means to say that the laser will slope up to 10 percent. It seems like it should give a figure in degrees. I don't know. I'm going to home-brew a 3pt box blade that I already have into a pull behind laser controlled system. If anyone wants to help, I'll share my plans with you. The only thing I don't quite know yet is what kind of hydraulic valve I'm going to be needing. I would guess these things use a proportional valve, but I'm not sure. Thanks. I'll take pictures.

  4. #4Construct'O2013-07-19 17:16

    Dual slope is for up and down and side slope left to right.Reason for two reciever.Dual grade laser LB4 laser alignment which i have has two seperate settings .One is A and one B.each one has it's own setting for the slope you want to cut.That is why they call it dual slope other wise you can only do flat surface grading and only need one reciever.

  5. #5stone72013-07-19 18:06

    You are talking about the laser itself on the tripod, right? It has an A and a B setting correct? It's possible you are talking about the receivers on the masts on your grader. Could you clear this up? Thanks. What kind of a grading machine are you talking about? A dozer or what?

  6. #6Construct'O2013-07-19 20:27

    yeah the laser itself. dozer