Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic Surging……… Stumped…….. Model Genie S/N Z45004897

Hcnyl ยท 2020-07-21 10:28

Ok, so I'll try and explain this as best I can.... Z45/22 running on Gas, Ford LGR423 when I start it up and let it Idle from the ground and let it warm up it idles well and then it runs up the pressure to around 1800 pounds and the relief on Steer OSC. manifold trips. It happens about every 10-15 seconds. I have checked the pressure in the accumulator, I removed the manifold and checked all solenoids. I'm baffled, I'm assuming the relief is good as it kicks out pressure at 1800 lbs. I'm not real sure on the function of the differential sensing valve? Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated..... Thanks, Jim

Replies16
  1. #1skata2020-07-21 22:31

    All I can say is did you get the service manual that's available on genie website?

  2. #2MarshallPowerGen2020-07-22 09:23

    Service manual on the website, or call Genie tech and they'll walk you through the whole procedure. They're actually one of the better ones over the phone (depending who you get).

  3. #3Hcnyl2020-07-22 09:23

    Ya, I have downloaded every Manual I can find, Nothing on my issue? I call Genie and all they want to do is sell me a different machine. I like (not right now) this one..... thanks though. I'll keep diggin!!

  4. #4funwithfuel2020-07-22 10:42

    I'm not a genie guy but I have to ask, why is your pump bumping the relief if you're not steering against a stop? Something is telling your valve it needs oil. What kinda pump is hanging off the engine? Is it a simple gear pump, a load sensing pump, whatcha got. Can you upload a pic? I'll try to help the best I can.

  5. #5hydraulichec2020-07-22 15:04

    My guess,, would be electrical. I might start checking the switches on the boom, that activate axle locks. And associated wiring. These are wearable components. I think there are two. One towards back of machine, and one near the front. Good luck.

  6. #6Vetech632020-07-22 16:45

    If I were you I would check all the safety switches over the entire machine before you do anything else. Most all of those switches are exposed to the elements and are famous for hanging up. Ive chased my tail a few times over a stuck safety switch.

  7. #7Hcnyl2020-07-22 17:06

    Do you have a number, the last guy I talked to said I need to find a local tech

  8. #8Hcnyl2020-07-22 17:21

    See if this helps any.

  9. #9MarshallPowerGen2020-07-22 21:22

    800-536-1800

  10. #10funwithfuel2020-07-23 05:48

    By looking at your schematics, I'd look at the check valve leading to your accumulator. If that's failed, the charging valve will keep cycling to satisfy its pressure requirement.

  11. #11funwithfuel2020-07-23 06:13

    Any chance you can place a gauge at the accumulator inlet to see if the pressure is bleeding off?

  12. #12Hcnyl2020-07-23 09:03

    I will put a guage in between accumulator and inlet and check that. Thanks, I'll let you know!!!

  13. #13funwithfuel2020-07-23 11:33

    Is there a sensor monitoring the accumulator pressure that might control a valve. That could be bad

  14. #14Hcnyl2020-07-24 09:19

    Update.... I put a guage between accumulator and check valve. When I start the lift it idles at about 300lbs. of pressure as it should. The oscillation valve switches and cylinders retract as they should (Untill the lift basket gets so far off the ground). I removed wiring from steering valve and Oscillation valve. After about 15-20 seconds of idling pressure builds to 1800lbs. (quickly, within a couple seconds) and kicks the relief then it will sit at 300lbs. again for 10 seconds maybe 15 and do it again. I removed the accumulator completely and then the pressure cycles quicker about every 5 seconds. I checked pressure it was about 1200lbs. so I charged it to 1600 as print shows. It will still cycle pressure about every 10-15 seconds again. I'm going to check on the steering dump valve today. somehow the pressure needs to get to tank until Its called to do something? thanks for your input.......

  15. #15Hcnyl2020-07-24 09:21

    On my list to check today.... thanks

  16. #16funwithfuel2020-07-24 09:52

    By removing the accumulator, the cycle time shortened? That says, to me, something that uses accumulator pressure is bleeding to tank. Something should be getting warm and/or making a hissing noise. Good luck on the hunt.