Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic system Cat IT28 – 1985

akkamaan ยท 2011-01-20 13:57

Hi all! Need info about the hydraulic system on a cat IT28 1986 . I know there are two fixed displacement pumps, one for steering and one for the FEL. I wonder if the system is open center, where the pump flow goes through the entire control valve, CV, in neutral? Or if it is a load sensing system with a dump valve that bypasses flow when CV is in neutral?? If someone have a hydraulic symbol schematic on this system to pass on to me, I would appreciate it!! Best Regards and thank you for taking your time reading my post!! Per A

Replies5
  1. #1Lee-online2011-01-20 16:18

    What is the serial prefix?

  2. #2Per Eriksson2011-01-20 16:24

    The valve is closed center and has an inlet section that bypasses pumpflow to tank when no implement movement is called for.

  3. #3akkamaan2011-01-20 19:06

    I got some drawings from CAT SP today, and it is a LS constant flow system, closed center with a "dump valve"... Sorry I do not have the serial prefix just now....I'll be back with that later....

  4. #4akkamaan2011-01-20 19:08

    Thanks Per E. I just got that confirmed myself...LOL...see my reply to Lee-online... Heja Sverige... Per A Port Angeles WA USA

  5. #5akkamaan2011-01-21 16:24

    Serial number for this 1986 IT28, is # 8JB00809 Does that number make sense??