Has anyone had any experience yet on this Deere option for wheel loaders. I've heard a few people who really like them so far and I'm looking for more opinions in a larger range of area.
John I've heard they really work nice and last a long time. Super hard material that is gauranteed 10,000 hours. They use it in the really hard to get to places than can get missed.
Thanks for the response. Any idea of just where they use them on a wheel loader? Maybe the boom to bucket joints and the tilt to bucket joint? Thanks
drive shaft points
John- They are used in all of the loader linkage pin joints. Boom to bucket, boom to loader frame, boom cylinders to boom, bucket cylinder to loader frame, bucket cylinder to bell crank, bell crank to boom, bell crank to bucket link and bucket link to bucket. You can get it on 544 through 844 models. I've seen machines from Texas to Ontario with 6-10k hours that are still tight. Don't run them submerged. They were designed to eliminate daily greasing and seem to do a pretty good job of it. The benefit I get to see is that the machine is a lot cleaner to work on.
I am curious, are they lubed for life or some kind of special material that self lubricates? I used to work on Cat machines that had the cartridge pins and the collet holders that worked well for a few thousand hours but this sounds like something completely new. I also would like working on something clean. Thanks for the response.
John- They are made of a special material that self lubricates as I understand it. They are a dry joint. I remember an old Cat design (988 I think) and once they leaked oil, they were done.
Here is just a little something. http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/construction/deere_const/media/dmag/DMAG128CU.pdf