Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic system explained

H621 ยท 2021-04-07 22:35

I'm wanting to learn basic and detailed components and functions of hydraulic system on equipment. Does anyone have any good references for books or articles?

Replies8
  1. #1Delmer2021-04-08 00:16

    What are you working on? Vickers Industrial Hydraulics Manual is good, but focused a little more towards industrial, still a good foundation. If you're working on JD, then they have a good hydraulics manual, I'd bet Cat would have something similar and I'd want that. If you have an open center machine, then any basic manual should cover it.

  2. #2John C.2021-04-08 00:28

    If I remember right, and that's a big if, Deere had a whole series of books called Fundamentals of Service. The series covered most aspects of equipment: electrical, hydraulics, engines and transmissions. There are some knowledgable Deere people here that can confirm or deny how good my memory is. Where about in the Cascades are you?

  3. #3Coaldust2021-04-08 02:21

    That Vickers Industrial hydraulic book is great. Their Mobile hydraulic book is also great. I used it when I taught hydraulics. Tim Dell wrote a great text, recently. (The publisher paid me to review it). I would adopt it, if I was teaching again

  4. #4mg23612021-04-08 04:45

    Yes they did. Those courses are all done on-line now. I'll have to do some digging to see if they still publish those.

  5. #5mg23612021-04-08 12:07

    Still available. The second website just type FOS in the education tab. https://www.deere.com/assets/pdfs/c...ning/2019LearningResourceMaterialsCatalog.pdf https://techpubs.deere.com/en-US/Search/Education

  6. #6H6212021-04-23 00:26

    Thanks I will definitely look at that, I'm near Vancouver wa.

  7. #7Coaldust2021-04-23 12:03

    Clark College offers a 5 credit mobile equipment hydraulic class every winter. Might be worth it. You can audit the class and take it for no credit or exams.

  8. #8Thirty5D2021-04-27 10:45

    Thanks for the book recommendations. Here's the info on two that I found.