The question came up a little while ago and I can't find the thread to am posting a new one. One of the engineering sites I subscribe to sends me little news and product introduction articles through email and I got one this morning showing this kit set up. It appears to have everything one would need to work on any hydraulic system at least in the print materials it shows on the web site. What it doesn't mention is the hosing or tubing it would take to go with all the adapters and gauges. The cost of the kit is over $4,300 which is real expensive compared to what you can buy on your own from a fitting store. You can get an idea of what it might take to do your own kit form the materials list of that kit. https://www.hydracheck.com/catalog/...-oil-sampling-analog/?referrer=ieeeglobalspec
Looks like Hydracheck has basically copied Tifco's kit.
I have an old Tifco that I've been filling in the gaps w parker and hydra check. Hydrachecks prices are steep.
It says
heymccall; thanks for the catch. Three hoses only four feet long is not nearly enough. When I tune excavators I use at least four ten footers and many times five. As far as one being a copy of any other, it's really the nature of the job that determines the gauge ranges and the types of fittings needed. I have about the same set with a lot more fittings but I put it together almost twenty years ago. Back then the costs wholesale were about $800 not counting the tool box and custom foam for holding the gauges in place.
I don't see how that price can be justified
Oh come on you’ve got that laying in the floor of that dodge service truck!
Those kits work for some companies with purchasing agents who don't know anything about hands on hydraulic work. This is what justifies the price in the seller's minds. How long would it take to research out all the specific fittings and gauges and then sourcing them from all the relevant sources. In one purchase you will have maybe 80% of what you need and the cost is just another budget item on the company bottom line. The kit can be locked up in a tool room and shared when needed with a team of wrenches. It beats buying all that stuff for everyone of your wrenches.
A comprehensive kit appeals to me, maybe not at that $ figure, because I like to do something once. Get stuff, be prepared and not have to search or adapt when in the field diagnosing an unfamiliar machine....
I have one of the large Tifco kits, only because I found it on EBAY for $400.00 instead of $4500.00. It is sure nice but I still have about 10 more boxes of diagnostic fittings becuase I work on most anything and everything. And, like Junkyard said, I hate getting to a job and not having what I need and having to cobble something together. If there was a local chapter of Toolaholics Anonymous I would probably be the President.
……..and it goes right out the door to my bankers pocket!