G'day For those with hydraulic thumbs, is there a set measurement they should e mounted away from the end of the dipper arm or is it just a case of checking tat it doesn't foul on anything? I've purchased one at an auction with no instructions. Cheers
Gday Pane, That is difficult to answer without seeing it. But as long as it doesn't foul it should be right. Any chance of posting a pic?
Hope this helps. http://www.excavatorthumb.com/article.php?article=how-to-install-your-thumb
That makes it easy enough!
G'day Fitted all up yesty. Got a sk200-8. Works great. It's a little short and doesn't go around as far as I'd like but does what I need it to do perfectly. I'm running it off the hammer piping and using my aux lines to run the tilt bucket. Question though. While not in use it seams to creep and I have too keep applying pressure to keep it folded up. Is this normal? Cheers
I would say you have a bad seal n the cylinder
If your hyd lines have shutoffs on them fold the thumb up and shut them off. if it still creeps than it is the cylinder. If it only creeps when they are open your control valve is letting oil get by. good luck