I'm looking for a hydraulic tilt ditching bucket for a 17 ton excavator. Not looking to break the bank but quality usually comes with a price. What brand have you had good luck with?
Werk Brau is among the best and is priced accordingly. For a contractor using daily and/ or a big firm with so called operator's that can break an anvil, its well worth it. From what I’ve seen lately even the retailers of lower quality buckets are asking top dollar as well. Altho I did see at a recent auction late winter, on a cold, windy, snowy day they were just about begging bidders to take the new Diesel/ Trojan buckets and main pin thumbs. Make of it what you will. Some manufacturers: Diesel, Trojan, Teran, SEC, AMI, Oriel, Solseebe, Rockland, Rhinox, Strickland, TAG Cat, Work Brau, Geith, Wain Roy
I bought a 42" Werk Brau heavy duty bucket with a cutting edge, super for digging and with the smooth edge, great for digging footings. Last year I bought a Rockland heavy duty 52" rake. Both of these are on a ZX160-5 Hitachi. Bucket and rake were not cheap, but they won't break up either. The excavator also has a werk brau linkage style thumb on it too. FWD