Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Modify new hydraulic pump

Sourov1 · 2025-05-30 14:00

Hi I am from Bangladesh. I have a cat 313 B cr. Serial num: AEX00942.I bought it secondhand.It has A8V59ESBR6 UCHIDA-REXROTH model hydraulic pump. I have repaired the hydraulic pump two times but within 100 hours the two pump parts broke. I think i can’t installed the quality parts because in our country there is all low quality products . So i took a decision to modify the hydraulic pump with new one. In our country there is Kawasaki brand pumps are available. Can any one suggest me which pump model is suitable and runs well for my excavator. Hoping for help from senior members.

Replies7
  1. #1Kobe Steel2025-05-30 15:43

    a used CAT 121-1504 pump may be suitable for your repower. it is a Kawasaki as you described or you can use an equivalent Kawasaki 63cc model but you will need to make some modifications to both of these options. If you need further help then PM me. The common issue with the Rexroth is the piston retainer plates breaking apart after it has been repaired. This typically pushes a lot of metal contamination through your pump and system. Best regards

  2. #2Sourov12025-06-03 16:21

    Thank you for your information. You are right about rexroth pump. Thats why i am thinking to modify the pump. I am thinking to set up Kawasaki k3v63DT or k3v63DTP. can you tell me is there any difference between this pump?

  3. #3Kobe Steel2025-06-04 21:24

    Yes, the center section of these pump change in reference with the suction to discharge port orientation as the DTP version is equipped with a power takeoff for an additional pump to be mounted off the main pump as an auxiliary supply. The DT version has 2 discharge ports 180 degrees opposite to the suction. The DTP as mentioned has a power takeoff so the discharge ports are referenced 90 degrees to the suction port. The cat version does not have a power takeoff and is also 90 degree port orientation. Its center section is specific to CAT as an OEM part and also has other variations specific to the CAT build Hope that makes sense. Best regards

  4. #4excavator2025-06-05 11:11

    Years ago I converted a Cat E110B from the Uchida to a Kawasaki pump. I have all the information somewhere, I just have to locate it. I will look for it.

  5. #5excavator2025-06-06 19:02

    So after finding my information I realized it was a Daikin brand, not a Uchida. I would think it will still be the same info needed. I used a Kawasaki K3V63DT pump, I was able to redrill the bellhousing to fit, a Kobelco 2418U224F2 coupling fit the Kawasaki shaft and the Cat flywheel. I had to modify the suction tube, the pump end flange was different, I believe the Kawasaki uses a -40 Code 61 flange and then most every hose had to be changed. Not too bad of a job, just takes a bit of time to figure out all the necessary fittings ect. and I did it in the field so there were a few trips made. I hope this info helps you out.

  6. #6Sourov12025-06-08 04:22

    Thank you for your important information. Can you tell me when you modify all things and install new hydraulic pump is there any problem in hydraulic function. Like system goes slow or the pump heat problem or any problem you can share

  7. #7excavator2025-06-09 11:13

    It works fine, it's a family machine that stays in the woods and doesn't get worked that hard. It's also an older series machine than yours so the pump control system is set up a bit different.