Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic to 4 in 1 bucket

wosama931b ยท 2015-12-13 15:02

Not sure what I did to the bucket but it will not open or close, everything else is working good. There is a high pitch noise and vibration coming from the hydraulic control value area , I have not removed the cover to look lnside. Got any ideas on the bucket trouble, sam. 931 b

Replies10
  1. #1DMiller2015-12-13 15:51

    Could be you have oil flow to both sides same time, dumping a relief. Haven't replaced hoses on the bucket? Maybe have one side swapped?

  2. #2wosama931b2015-12-13 16:05

    Hey miller, hope you have a great Christmas in the new house. The multiple purpose bucket was working good until I got into the rocks, I had a hard time getting the rocks broke loose, after that I noticed that the bucket was not wanting to open or close correct.

  3. #3hetkind2015-12-13 16:19

    Time to look for a mechanic bind, like something bent!

  4. #4Welder Dave2015-12-13 16:23

    Could a line or hose have got crushed? I have a 4 in 1 on my 931B and I hate it working in the bush because it's way too easy to get branches in the lines around the bucket and destroy them. For somethings the 4 in 1 is good but for others it's more of a liability. The noise would make me think a relief valve problem too. Maybe unhook the lines and put them in a bucket and see what happens when you try the control valve. Only other thing is maybe a rock is jammed in a pivot point on the 4 in 1. I've seen weird things like this before on my skid steer.

  5. #5wosama931b2015-12-13 16:51

    I have cred the lines and they look ok, the hand rail at the hydraulic control is vibrations and noise, can the valve be stuck? Thanks Sam

  6. #6Delmer2015-12-13 19:04

    Do you get the noise all the time, or only when you operate the valve? The handle move the way it should right? If you disconnect the hoses anywhere between the valve and cylinder and reconnect them so the oil just comes right back to the valve, then see if the noise goes away. Pry that bucket open and see where it's bent.

  7. #7wosama931b2015-12-14 14:15

    The parts book shows a breaker relief valve, does my 29 Y 01688 have one. The bucket moves but not much, can it be possible for air hydraulic.

  8. #8DMiller2015-12-15 20:47

    Could be a tripped relief that has not reset in the spool block, may need to delve into that with the noise you have heard before get too involved in the mechanical aspects.

  9. #9wosama931b2015-12-17 20:20

    I started the 931b on Wednesday and it did sound normal and no noise, the front was slowly too move and would not open completely. Looks like a weld is broken on the right side at the knuckle. Can this be the trouble with the hydraulic on the bucket.

  10. #10DMiller2015-12-18 08:31

    Any deformity on the bucket can place it in a bind, get the clamshell aligned and re-welded then retry it.