Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hydraulic wedge coupler?

coastlogger ยท 2021-03-22 23:50

I have a PC75 and a JD590D,thinking about trying out a hydraulic wedge coupler on one or both of them.Ive got about 4 attachments for each machine,all set up for wedge bar. What type of h.w.c to go for? Is there a DIY option?What price could I expect to pay for one? Thx for any info.

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2021-03-23 22:24

    We have PSM and Highline Portofab down here. There used to be a couple of builders around Vancouver. Dexter or something like that and Weldco was the other one. I seem to recall a bucket and coupler some ten or more years ago went around $4K US. The pin grabbers have taken over everything down here now.

  2. #2excavator2021-03-24 11:57

    Destech in B.C. went out of business and some of their employees started Daequip and they do make a hydraulic wedge coupler. There is also CWS up in the same area. You loose a fair amount of bucket dig out force with a pin grabber and the bucket almost always hits the cab with boom up/arm in. I would check with a few dismantlers up there to see if they have anything used. Brikers in Maple Ridge, Langley Excavator in Langley and Leemar on the island in Parksville.