I have a 1985 Fiat Allis FE20LC excavator, in order to get the hydraulics to work I need to ramp up the rpm's(I do not have a tach) If I want to move the turret it takes about 15-20 seconds till it starts to move then it will stop 1/4 way then go again then stop then go then stop. It does not stop abruptly just slowly. When I command the jib to come in or out it takes 15-30 seconds for it to get moving. This is the same with all commands. I have changed both hydraulic filters.
The pump on this machine is a Hydromatic GMBH 40 model A8V 80 SR1 R 10.0 F1 it is an Axial Piston Variable Double Pump... I'm thinking the accumulator.....One other things it does, or should I say doesn't do is when I shut down the machine with the bucket in the air and release pressure with one of the sticks, nothing happens, it should go down, this is why I think it could be the accumulator... any thoughts???
Sounds like the pilot pressure is low. Does it have a pilot filter?
there is no pilot filter. everything runs straight from the accumulator to the controls and then back to the tank....is there any way to check the accumulator pressure??? it's a parker and non servicable...
Update, after narrowing down the way the fluid flows and how, I figured I would have the accumulator tested, well it had no pressure, must have leaked out which they can, so Cat charged it for me and it works fine now, hooweeee, saved me 500 bux.... SO if your machine's hydraulics (if it's an older one) is not functioning properly have your accumulator tested, it helps to know how many bar or PSI your machine operates on so if it needs a recharge they can put the proper amount of nitrogen in it....Hope this helps someone else...