Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraylic quick connects Flatface

Irie808 ยท 2020-04-03 18:14

I have a 1999 case 1845c, I bought a new grapple rake and the quick connects don't match. I'm having a hard time finding anything on the web to answer my question. The diameter of the "plug" male is the same but the depressed area where it would lock into the female is further back preventing it from clicking in. The old ones that are on the machine and the 4n1 bucket have the depressed area closer to the tip. From what I have seen online my older connects look more like the images of 3/8" connects but my male plug is the same diameter as the new ones on the grapple bucket. (thinking 1/2") I was wondering if there is a chance the industry has changed to what came on my grapple bucket? I was thinking that I may need to change over to those newer style, I already bought 2 new sets for the machine and the bucket from a local store..but the pipe connections are different. Leading me to need to get a new whip made for the bucket and change out the adapter that holds the quick connect to the machine and connects to the machine hydraulics ( if i can find that, not sure yet ) Guess I was wondering if im going too far and I could figure a way to convert the new grapple to fit what the machine already has?? Thanks, Ira

Replies6
  1. #1Irie8082020-04-03 19:20

    Thought I'd copy and paste this if it helps anyone else: On most machines made after 1996, modern flat faced couplers are used. When we and most other experts in the industry talk about size, we are referring to the internal port size; not the measurement across the entire face. The common style is a Parker FE style. Case has used a Parker FF style and even though they look similar, they will not fit. The most common size on regular flow machines is 1/2" internal port size. This can be measured across the tip of the male as 15/16" external size. High flow models up to 30 GPM use 3/4" and machines over 30 GPM such as the ASV RC100 use a monster 1" coupler. Skid Steer Solutions can supply all of these couplers except the Case units, which are exceptions to the rule. Figure I may as well pony up and set up my machine for the more common type couplers and be done with it. Cheers, Ira

  2. #2heymccall2020-04-03 19:41

    I switch all of my Case 1845C to the FE style. Shame of it all is I still have the rebuild tools to service the FF style.

  3. #3Irie8082020-04-03 20:48

    Heymccall, how did you accomplish your swap? I'm hoping to find an bulkhead that has a 10jic with a 8 pipe that would fit my flat face quick connects. Maybe there is a quick connect that has a 10 pipe thread or something? Might be able to find that 10 to 10 bulkhead easier So far over the phone someone says they can make one out of 2 pieces, I'd prefer a one piece if can I live outer islands Hawaii so options are limited locally.

  4. #4Irie8082020-04-03 21:55

    Guess Im just going to have to wait a week to try out this new grapple root rake. Ordered some fittings that should (fingers crossed) work for my applications. Set of 1/2" quick connects with bulk head 10jic all in one piece and a set of 1/2" quick connects with SAE 5/8" for my older 4n1 bucket (hoses have O-ring style threads) Thanks HEF, Ira

  5. #5heymccall2020-04-03 22:05

    -10 female to thread onto your Case.

  6. #6Irie8082020-04-03 22:50

    I guess i could have gone that route and kept the stock bulkhead, I did get a set like that for the 4n1 bucket side of things and saw these for the machine side Cant figure how to post the pic easily but here's a link..I think they should work out nicely. https://summit-hydraulics.com/produ...ck-connect-coupler-set-10-jic-bulkhead-mount/