hi, first topic start so here goes, looking for some advice on wheel loaders sub 100hp. It seems that nearly all the new shovels sub 100hp less than 10yrs old have a hyrostatic drive rather than the conventional torque. I have also been told that this hydrostaic drive is not as robust as the torque. I am interesting in getting a machine for farm work, and thus would need it for clamping silage, and be able to get in and out of small spaces hence sub 100hp, thus it would need to be able to climb rather steep pit faces all day without the oil getting hot hence my quesiton about the robustness of this torque. This would be a lot tougher work than loading gravel in a quarry all day as there would be plenty pushing and shoving as well. Currently people do this work with 15-20yr old jcbs 410s 410Ms 412s also CAT 910s 916s thus I know the torque systems are up to this, these are getting old hence I hope to get something a bit newer. Also how many hours are are both torque and hydro systems suitable for, I have heard of torque systems going for 10-15k hrs if you change the oil, not so sure about the hydro yet. Also I have heard of this limited slip, what exactly is this? Anyone got any good links to sites where hydro systems, torque systems, limited slip are explained in some detail, difficult enough to find? all comments welcome thanks,
No replies yet.