Just curious if anybody else here has had dealings with this company in Tupelo, Mississippi? I have recently had what I will politely term a "less than satisfactory" experience doing business with them. Wondering if this was the exception to the rule or if there's a long list of unhappy people like me out there? Cheers then, Lantraxco
I have never used but have priced pump parts when I thought my supplier was charging to much. I still use my original supplier. I am to the point that if I can't fix them myself I buy oem pumps and motors. Different company and years ago I had a salesman come talking about his shop and what good work they do, so I sent him with a rexroth motor that was working fine but had wear on the output shaft. I told him that I only wanted the shaft replaced as the motor was fine and I was working on the trans/gearbox not the hydrostatic system. They called me and said the whole thing needed rebuilding and would be 5 k . Fine then send me back motor and they did but it was completely disassembled, said the would not put it back together unless I authorized the repair. This is when I learned to repair rexroth drive motors. This reminds me of a thread I started that I don,t think I ever updated, will try to find it and do so.
It seems the good and honest folks in the hydraulic repair business can't survive these days. I swear most of these places you could take a brand new pump or motor, scuff the paint up, smear some dirty grease on the outside and ask them for an estimate, they'll come back with a complete rebuild price that's about 10% less than the cost of a new one, then stick you for a thousand dollar "teardown and inspection fee" before returning it in a dirty milk crate. There are exceptions thank Gawd, but they are few and hard to find.
If this is the same hydraulic guy that I'm thinking about, I have yet to see anything that he has "fixed" that has worked right after he worked on it. Mike is the guy I'm thinking about. I'm not to far from there if I can help any way.
I've never used them Lantraxco. I've been using Fluid Power International in Gainesville GA for a number of years, have been happy with their prices and service, haven't felt the need to try someone else. Just curious though, no one on the West Coast? Just surprised you are stuck with sending a unit all the way to Mississippi.
Wasn't a repair Willie59, I foolishly paid up front for what was supposed to be a new motor assembled from new parts. After several delays I received (freight collect even though I had paid shipping up front) something that was supposedly rebuilt even though it showed some severe shaft spline wear and it wasn't even remotely close to what I ordered and had been assured would be delivered. I sent it back on my own nickel after being promised a complete refund. That was in January and in spite of several promises that it had been sent to one address or another from the owner Andy Soper, I have never received anything. I'm going to pursue federal charges of wire fraud since all of our communication was via email and they demanded payment via bank wire. Probably won't go anywhere but it's worth a shot.
Thanks Super S, wasn't Mike, Andy Soper is the only one I've dealt with there.
For local repair work I use Premier in Portland, Oregon, or Western Hydrostatics down in California. Neither are inexpensive but they do good work and stand behind it.
Got it, thanks.
The techs and staff at HTS were very professional and knowledgeable. They did a great job for thrashers electric on our Komatsu units. Thanks for the great job!
Well, since this popped up in my email, I should probably post an update. I eventually received two post dated checks that covered the original purchase price but none of the freight. They were of course no good, the first one bounced. Now I have been suffering from near terminal debt and negative cash flow for the last two years myself, so I kinda have some sympathy for folks having a rough time. Did it to myself, can't whine about it, it just is, but as I said, I kinda feel for people that are cash poor. Still, really? I let it go for several months and when the 72 hour notices made it seem like my little girl was going to be living with relatives while I went looking for work, I kept calling the issuing bank until they told me one check was covered and ran it through. Paid the rent and a few bills. Ran the second one through a few weeks later, it also went through. Maybe somebody else got shorted because my checks cleared, if that's true I'm sorry. In any case I got most of my money back over the course of a year or so, for what that's worth. YMMV
Great products, has what I am looking for. Delivery is on time and very reliable.
Wow ! Qty (2) good reviews, and only qty (1) bad... 2 out of 3 aint bad eh ? 66% approval rating ? Uhm yeah....
Oddly enough both positives are from Tupelo, LOL
From the movie Mars Attacks Jack Nicholson's character President Dale "President Dale: I want the people to know that they still have 2 out of 3 branches of the government working for them, and that ain't bad." Can ANYBODY say it better than Jack???
Does anyone know about Sundstrand/Sauer series 26 PUMP? Not a motor mind you! That’s what this outfit selling on eBay! Decided to check, just in case. And another point, all the pictures and videos this outfit has posted on internet - pretty much looks like ones on alibaba!
If you want a sharp stick in your eye. Call HTS. They will likely provide you with much pain... in your eye and wallet. See their BBB report here .. https://www.bbb.org/us/ms/tupelo/pr...c-0523-211053698/details#Pattern-of-Complaint
I have had good luck with Flint Hydrostatic in Memphis