Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hygard oil in New Holland 555e backhoe?

csthompson12 ยท 2018-08-08 09:32

Hello, I just got a 555e New Holland and was changing the oils. Would Deere Hygard be a good choice for the transmission? I do not have a NH dealer nearby for the 134D fluid.... I have tractor supply, but I have heard mixed reviews on there UTF fluids... I thought I would use something good in the transmission at least.. The backhoe has 2700 hrs on it. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1jimg9842018-08-08 17:17

    got tractor supply in my 555a no problems manual says to use hydgaurd in rearend, transmission and power steering for 555a

  2. #2Check Break2018-08-13 01:57

    I've used it without issue. If you want something a bit better, get some Valvoline W813 at Napa. Don't let them sell you their Napa brand made by Valvoline product.

  3. #3NH575E2018-08-13 10:08

    Have been using the TS Travelers Premium in my 575E with no problems. States on the label it is 134D equivalent.