This is an example of the work we do at CJM Plant. I have hundreds of similar pictures of machine restorations - I can share them if use like:beatsme
nice pics looks good, i wouldnt suggest putting a ripper on that though! haha:bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri Jordan
is it worth fixing old machines like that? who uses them?
Please share what you have with us.There are many of us here that really enjoy the older machines.Thank you for the pics.Ron G
Skinny sticks and booms, I can see why I never seen them before, but I do like the second hole for the pin on the stick.
old iron still weighs the same as new iron! Thats how I make my living restoring old machines - some people can only afford 3-4 thousand pounds - the job gets done a bit slower but does get done - plus they are never stuck with the machine at the end of the job - there is someone always waiting to snap it up. Farmers and self builders are my target customers.
Old Iron lookin good! Well just cos you asked heres some pics of a rerurbished Hitachi cab,Poclain 60 and Cat traxavator.
Nice job on the Poclain!!!! :notworthy
Nice job on the 'traxcavator' too (would have been nicer with the older white on black 'C" decal though ) what model of loader is that?
Nice job on all the machines but do you do any loaders?
Very nice work man my hat is off to you and in some ways the older equipment sometimes out works the new gear. If we're taking requests any JCB pics?
cool
love the poclain!!! do you know the orange colour paint code??? and the guy that said, who uses the old machines??? we arent all made of money to buy new equipment!!!
Well...let's not get carred away here. Noone les to have some very nice older machines more than I do, but they DO NOT outwork the newer stuff. We like to think that companies like Cat ADVANCE with experience, not go backwards. Its a pretty big disrespect to the current manufacturers/workers to say that the older stuff is better.
older iron I had a sales rep from Cat tell me there will always be a market for the $24,000 machine.Does'nt matter,loader,dozer,hoe -it will always sell.That was in 1984.He was exactly correct.There still is that market,and price range to. Keep up the nice work.Always liked the Poclain products,had a few of them over the years.Will post some pics of one of the RC-200's we had. In regards to old vs. new,I will agree newer is more productive in some ways.Also more prone to a lot more smaller problems it seems.And some bigger ones as well. That older Hitachi will have better "feel" through the controls to the operator than most new machines will.Thats what you need in a built up area working around a lot of existing utilities. Would like to see some pics of a re-done Cat 235-the toughest excavator ever built.Very few machines built today would take the flogging those would. Dominion:drinkup:drinkup
Older stuff better??????? Well I think there's room for a slight debate here - I wouldn't agree that older equipment could "outwork" a brand new machine as regards speed or perhaps power but there is an issue regarding build quality and simplicity. On the forum we have machines that are talked about and preserved mostly between 30 - 50 years old. They only exist nowadays because when they were built they were built to last. By this I mean built to last a lot longer than manufacturers of today schedule for a machines lifetime (averaging 10 years) One of the main reasons that todays machines will be cut up long before machines of yesteryear have been is the materials used in todays machines (for example plastics.) The materials used nowadays are a lot more fragile and more prone to breaking especially in the cab/operators environment - which is vital to a machines lifespan. The expense of replacement and complexity of theses components would not allow the machines of today to be economically viable to restore or give a second life to in the future. Computers by far are the biggest problem - Whoever thought that putting a highly sensitive complicated electrical management system into an environment of dust, vibration, damp, mud, dirt etc etc etc is just mad! we all know the problems broken computers cause and the enormous expensive involved in replacing the simplist of parts.:bash This is when older equipment has the supreme advantage because of their simplicity and basic functionality. As regards respect to manufacturers -More respect would be earned by listening more to the people who drive their creations day in day out - the mechanics who are constantly fixing them and the owners who are forced to buy their highly expensive spare parts. It has to work both ways.:beatsme
The durability debate is the only area for concession, in my opinion, so I agree with you.
Awesome job in restoring and giving their pride back to these older machines, newjcb!!! That Poclain just looks fantastic!!! What size is the Hitachi??it does'nt look like a very big machine, does'nt it?? As some other peoples mentionned, i don't know wether or not older stuff is better than newer equipment.All i believe is that back in the years, equipment was designed and built to last.It is also way easier to fix. I myself bought a John Deere 70D excavator last year, in order to use it to do some small chores around the property.I'll use it maybe 70 or 100 hours in a year.It is a 1990 model.The thing is that if siomething breaks on it, i can certainly fix it, because theire is no technology on it.It is plain simple.I don't think i'll have the same chance with a brand new Deere 80C (or D series, whatever it is by now.....) But anyway, it is very refreshing to see than not all older machines will end up being cutted. Thanks and congratulations for restoring these machines, Newjcb. Max.
Very nice work on all of them. Wanna do my JCB 3CIII???? By the way it would be for a farmer! Rick