Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

HYSTER 30 FORKLIFT; REPAIR INFO??

Flat Thunder Channel · 2020-05-04 12:16

Hello everyone! I recently got in trouble for browsing the local classified sections. It was actually facebook marketplace, but essentially the same difference. I brought home an old Hyster Forklift. The ultimate plan is to make this unit operate safely and reliably for a home storage solution. This Hyster 30 forklift is an older unit that is in need of some serious maintenance. I hope to document the journey to help others who may be interested in using a forklift for home storage and or just working on an old Hyster forklift. Everyone needs a forklift right?? Please share any information you have available for this model. This is my first major forklift repair and any pertinent information or manual references would be handy. If this is of interest to you please follow along at my YouTube Channel. If you subscribe and select the alert button you will be notified whenever a new video is posted. Thank you! ***If you make it to the end of the video help me decide on a nickname for this project. I have two options. Please post your vote in the comments section.*** HYSTER 30 FORKLIFT; REPAIR SERIES (INTRO)

Replies34
  1. #1Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-12 18:00

    Well I found someone who has some manuals for this beast. I think they might be correct, but the transmission linkage in the manual looks a little different than the one on mine. I have to investigate further. If anyone needs a manual for a Hyster Challenger H30 - 60 I can share it. It contains part numbers and reference diagrams.

  2. #2deezel_fairy2020-05-29 16:02

    Not sure what you've got there is a challenger 30 my man, that look more like a cushion tyre 'Spacesaver' S25A - any pictures of the data plate? Haven't seen one for years in the uk. The challenger 30's of that era were actually 3 wheelers. Should be a continental Y112 engine in her.

  3. #3Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-29 19:30

    I am not for sure, but I think you might be correct. I don't think the manual I received is for my specific model. Any ideas where to look for a name plate? Thanks

  4. #4Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-29 21:27

    I found this one on operator panel next to the ignition switch. Any info?

  5. #5tool_king2020-05-30 19:55

    I would be interested in the manual .Shoot me email at [email protected] . Here is the service manual https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsVbi3FQ4zvflhQL4hYg_uXxeE8S?e=mJgAVs thanks

  6. #6tool_king2020-05-30 21:09

    Here is the operation manual https://1drv.ms/b/s!AsVbi3FQ4zvflhUjuz_9Ik14BelF?e=u1XNKZ Please let me know when you have downloaded and saved them so I can take them out of my one drive file .

  7. #7Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-31 11:17

    Thank You! I got the files! Looks like tons of well organized information. I will have to review all this in more detail. Thanks!

  8. #8Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-31 11:21

    I shared the files from my Google drive. Try to copy them from this shared location. I will delete the link once you've obtained a copy. I think this will work, but I'm not overly tech savvy.

  9. #9tool_king2020-05-31 20:32

    I tried download but it says I need permission .Right click on your file of the forklift folder turn in to a compressed file .

  10. #10Flat Thunder Channel2020-05-31 23:50

    I emailed it. You should have a copy of the Challenger Manuals. Thanks,

  11. #11Flat Thunder Channel2020-10-01 07:21

    I believe you are correct! I still do not know how to locate a valid serial number to verify the model, but I am starting to believe it is a S25A, spacesaver. I am only using majority opinion and pictures off the internet to base my opinion, but it has to be right!? The internet search confirmed it. Just kidding.... I just purchased a tune up kit and fumbled through a diagnosis and repair video. The forklift, nicknamed Johnny #5, was running great but died mid pick on an unload. I safely parked her for the night, but the intermittent engine operation was bafflingly me. If you get bored or are interested in old Hyster forklifts check out the recent video of the week. These old continental flathead engines are cool. I do believe it is a Y112 model as you suggested. Cheers! Thanks,

  12. #12LSV24032022-08-13 10:26

    Hello, I recently bought the same forklift (Hyster H30E LPG) and have been searching the net for some time now for operating instructions and repair manuals. Unfortunately I could not find anything suitable. I saw here that the manuals have already been shared here. Unfortunately, the download links have expired. I would be happy if you could share the manual, service manual and whatever else you have with me. If you want me to send you my email, just let me know. Thank you very much. Kind regards from Germany.

  13. #13tool_king2022-08-13 11:32

    What is your email ?

  14. #14LSV24032022-08-13 12:35

    You can Mail to: [email protected] Thanks for the quick reply

  15. #15Flat Thunder Channel2022-08-14 07:54

    I am still turning wrenches on my old unit. I have yet to locate an official serial number which makes finding parts interesting. I currently have the main mast lift cylinder out and I'm looking for rebuild kits.

  16. #16LSV24032022-08-14 07:59

    Can you send me your manuals that you have? My email address is in the contribution above. Interesting project! Looks like a lot of work

  17. #17Flat Thunder Channel2022-08-15 07:41

    I have the same ones shared above. It's definitely a project! I can't believe it lifted at all given the seal conditions in the pictures above.

  18. #18LSV24032022-08-15 07:51

    Yes that's right. But the download links are dead. Unfortunately I can no longer download it. Just got some files from tool_king by mail. Maybe you can send me what manuals you have. Many Thanks.

  19. #19Flat Thunder Channel2022-08-16 06:59

    Tool_King should have all the same manuals I have access to. We shared with each other previously. What he shared with you will be identical. Happy Wrenching.

  20. #20LSV24032022-08-16 10:12

    Thanks for Information. Happy Wrenching too!

  21. #21Flat Thunder Channel2022-08-26 13:22

    Digging into all these cylinders the old fashion way. Take apart, measure, guess on seal type and order. Currently have these three seals in quotation. I hope I guessed right..... The circle clip almost tricked me. As always it's a messy pile of parts when I tear into hydraulics

  22. #22LSV24032022-08-26 14:00

    looks like a lot of work. The cylinder on our H30 is also leaking, but for our purposes it is always enough to counteract something so that the fork does not drop.

  23. #23James Capo2022-09-30 02:26

    Is there any way someone can email me these manuals? My email is [email protected] . My boss just purchased one of these. I can’t find the year or anything about it but I know it’s a space saver 30. It has the pedal hydra stat transmission and it won’t move. Need to figure out how this pedal works because I don’t think it’s working correctly. Thank you

  24. #24icestationzebra2022-09-30 17:23

    The newer units have the SN stamped into the frame in addition to the plate, but I don't know if the old ones do. H would be a pneumatic tire, but you have a cushion tire so it is an S. I attached the model timeline 1941 thru 98. Assuming it is pre-1989 the mast should have a number stamped in the RH outer rail, roughly mid-height. Have fun, ISZ

  25. #25tool_king2022-10-02 11:55

    If you can find the sn and take some pictures of the machine with also control set up we might be able to identify it .

  26. #26OzDozer2023-12-08 22:40

    If you find a decent seal supplier, they should be able to machine up new seals out of urethane to match the dimensions of your old seals/housings. I helped a buddy rebuild his old (1956) Clark AY-40 forklift about 10 years ago. The original factory seals we pulled out, were leather buckets!

  27. #27GManBart2023-12-09 14:53

    I was just given a YE40 and couldn't find anybody giving out free manuals. I went with the Jensales version so I could have both .pdf and printed. Hydraulic fluid is ISO32...total system capacity is listed as 7 gallons. I actually drained the hydraulic tank on mine yesterday and it took just under 5 gallons to refill. I'm assuming the other two gallons are in the lines, cylinders, pump, etc. Hyster Challenger HE50 UE30 YE40 Forklift Gas Diesel Service Manual This 336 page, Hyster HE50 UE30 YE40 Forklift Factory Service Manual is a High quality reproduction of the original out of print Hyster HE50 UE30 YE40 www.repairmanual.com Hyster YE40 Forklift Service Manual www.jensales.com

  28. #28TD242023-12-09 16:19

    HYSTER.stamped on top right side where counterweght meets frame .

  29. #29MCDonaldsMan2024-01-29 16:15

    Hi Guys, can someone send me the Manuals too? That would help me a lot. Email: [email protected]

  30. #30lkenny2025-01-12 08:40

    Ditto: Hi Guys, can someone send me the Manuals too? That would help me a lot. Email: [email protected]

  31. #31tool_king2025-01-12 11:43

    On the way to you .

  32. #32lkenny2025-01-12 18:00

    Thank you sir. Free Military Army Manuals!

  33. #33JWhite2025-03-05 13:42

    Can someone please send the manual to me as well? Would help me a lot. [email protected]

  34. #34weldertant2025-08-24 09:33

    I am interested in the manuals for a challenger 30 if someone has them. Thanks