buttoning up the drivs shaft issue and firing up the hyster looking for air leaks from braked i i notice something leaking at engine end...its a rotary injection pump i have not seen one like this or do i know why its leaking like it is...pics below
OMG, a 6 cylinder Perkins with a vertical rotary pump, I haven't worked on one of those in years. LoL Not really sure what the gizmo is, almost looks like a fuel pressure sensor. Have you got an injection shop anywhere near you? If you do, print those pics and take them to injection shop, they can tell you what you need to do to repair.
no shop near me.......... the gizmo i unscrewed it pulled it out and a oring was torn a lil ... i replaced it and found that lil ball bearing that went with it and slipped it back in but still leaks not as bad but leaks
its a new rebuild engine im guessing 5 year old and a delphia fuel pump by name plate of whats left
OMG, a 6 cylinder Perkins with a vertical rotary pump, I haven't worked on one of those in years. LoL yes i get to work on things i never ever seen before .......its a 1965 i was born in 69
I saved the pics, I'll see what I can find out for you.
Thanks ATCO ,, I got a local parts store owner to come by and look at it and hes going to get back with me ....
My guy at the injection shop said it's a pulse dampener. Kinda sorta works like an accumulator to control pulses of fuel from the lift pump. He said if you can get the numbers off the injection pump tag, or the numbers that are stamped on the Perkins engine block, that any injection shop or Perkins parts supplier can provide you with a new one. Oh, he also said when they start leaking out that vent hole in the center...time for a new one.
Ok kool im Writing this down as we speak so i can do this first thing in the morning..Again Thanks ATCO
You're welcome.