I have a Hyster 90 telehandler style forklift. The steering works properly in the coordinated steer position : (The selector valve in the right position, away from the operators seat) If the rotary hydraulic selector valve is moved to the middle(handle vertical)position the steering wheel won’t move. If I move the selector handle to the left(towards the operators seat) the steering is uncontrollable and unpredictable. we have had the rotary selector valve out and apart. Everything seemed in order. My mechanic had the orbital valve out. It is a Char-Lynn / Eaton #213-1007-001. it is showing some wear and scoring, but I have been unable to find a replacement. I have considered that the steering cylinders have internal leakage allowing the steering to wander but this doesn’t occur in the coordinated steer position. I cannot explain why the middle position on the selector valve locks the steering. I hate to start throwing money at things. Does anyone have experience with this? This is an old mechanical system. There are no electronics on this machine. Thanks, Jim
.
Bump