Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster H60FT P177 crank-no start; need help with pulling codes

LCA078 ยท 2026-03-01 11:25

I'm working a crank-no start issue on a Hyster H60FT with serial P177V02769N with the Kubota V2403-CR-TI-EU3 type engine. I think it's a tier 4 engine from what I can gather online and it's throwing a code or multiple codes because the the engine fault code light is lit up on the instrument cluster. The problem is I can't read any codes on the instrument cluster screen as LCD screen is shot so I'm looking for another way to read the codes. I sat in the seat and connected the seatbelt in case it was a lockout issue but I doubt it because it cranks. I think Hyster uses a proprietary code reader that hooks to a 3-pin deutsch connector on the steering column so hopefully someone here has another solution for troubleshooting. Thoughts?

Replies2
  1. #1DustAndRay2026-03-01 22:39

    I'd check fuel rail pressure. These engines will crank all day but won't fire if rail pressure is low. Could be a lift pump issue. I'd also double check the FNR switch and parking brake interlock. Sometimes those act up even when it seems like it cranks fine.

  2. #2LCA0782026-03-03 10:44

    Thanks, DustAndRay. As far the forward/reserve switch, the dash is saying it's in neutral with the green "N" lit up but it doesn't change when I go to F or R which is what I expect if it's not running. The parking brake icon goes on/off when I apply/disengage so I figured both the shift and parking brakes interlocks were working...let me know if that's not a good assumption. When I first started messing with it, I cracked an injection line but had zero fuel coming out during cranking so figured the problem was more upstream like a bad fuel cutoff solenoid. After digging into the only manual I have on this engine, I learned this engine doesn't have an actual cutoff solenoid like the older ones. Instead this one should have the suction control valve (SCR) that uses a pulsed signal to regulate fuel. I only had time to powerwash the engine before I had to leave but my next step is to verify fuel delivery is not an issue. I didn't see an external lift pump and I assume the 'fuel feed pump' is the only lift pump to the injection pump. I'll get back to the machine later this week.