Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster H60XM tranny

southernman13 ยท 2016-03-04 09:09

I have one that's acting up. When I first got it it would act like the brake is on when you were in reverse I loaned it to a friend and he cleaned out the forward reverse spools on top of the transmission and it started working perfect now again if you put a heavy load on it sometimes it will shudder is it possible that electrically it could be going into forward and reverse because when I press on the brake pedal really hard and I'm in forward the reverse beeper comes on faintly I had a mechanic look at it and he said the clutch pack was probably bad but I don't understand why it works fine sometimes and sometimes not H177B04397V

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2016-03-04 13:57

    I don't know anything about that transmission. The first thing I'd look for is a loose/bad ground, or just add some more redundant grounds. Any more complicated look at the electrical system and you'll need to spend some time figuring out the wiring diagram. Have you checked any filters or screens in the transmission for junk? If a clutch pack is going out, it will leave evidence in the filter and/or screen and/or the bottom of the case.

  2. #2gtermini2016-03-04 15:29

    I just did an A177 H50XL with a T43 trans. Pressure check should tell you what's going on. It might be the switches in that stupid monotrol pedal, but all the Hysters seem to eat clutch packs. It's not a horrible job to do clutch packs. Takes a solid day. Pull the mast, slide the trans and diff out the front. I pulled the steering column for clearance to leave the valve body on. This was the reverse pack, which was the only direction that it went. lol $500 for chinese discs, floater plates, bearings, gaskets, seals, etc. Greyson

  3. #3southernman132016-03-07 11:35

    Looks like a bunch of work!! It doesn't have monotrol. It's only showing 3700 ish hrs and I think it's correct. Would it not act up all the time if clutch packs were bad? Just seems like it's something else to me. But I really don't know. I've got to fix one leaking tilt cylinder then I'll try it out again. Right now with out a load it seems like it's working fine.

  4. #4southernman132016-03-15 04:00

    I fixed it. I knew it was something simple. The inching pedal wasn't returning all the way back and sometimes not as far as other times. It only has one spring and it reaquires two. I can manually pull it back and it works perfectly. I'm going to get another spring tomorrow. Probably just replace the existing one as well