Hello, I just purchased a used Hyster forklift with the Monotrol pedal. I'm having trouble figuring out the operation of it... On any type of incline it's hard to keep from rolling and inching is nearly impossible. Overall it's very difficult to operate this lift smoothly. I might be driving it incorrectly? Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you, Zach
Hello zach1288, the Monotrol is basically gear switch (F+R) and gaspedal. Inching and braking should be feasible with left brake pedal.
When letting the brake out slowly it seems to just lurch. I can't make it smooth.
Which brand and type of transmission is fitted?
I'm not sure, I know it has a Mazda engine.
Does it have 1 or 2 brake pedals
1 brake pedal.
You may want to look in to disconnecting the trans kick out from the break
Do you know anywhere online that has these instructions?
which model Hyster truck? XL,XM,Fortis,etc? there were different series trucks under those model designation too..always reference your serial number..anyway typically under the floor board you will find the transmission valve body on top of the transmission housing which is bolted to the axle housing..on this Monotrol valve body are two solenoids that control fwd and reverse..typically with Hyster trucks the inching spool is located on the front side of the valve body,with a linkage to the brake pedal..when you step on the brake pedal,it pulls the valve spool out from the valve body-(1/4in or so)-dumping trans hyd pressure back into the trans,effectively putting the trans in neutral..this spool has to be pushed into the trans for it to go into gear,and when released out then it's neutralled..there is a spring which holds it in (out)neutral position, it requires the brake pedal and linkage to keep it in the valve body(or in-gear) so to disable the trans kickout you need to hold this link IN the valve body