I have removed the engine out of the roller and I can't figure out how to remove the torque converter from the flywheel. The only access I can see is to remove the starter and when I did that, I still didn't find any bolts that I can access to remove it. What am I missing, how do you remove the bolts to the torque converter?
Not familiar with that machine, and it's been eons (seems like) since I've worked on those engines and torque convertor connections. But just throwing a guess out there, if the starter hole doesn't give access to the flex plate bolts, then there's likely a small plug or metal cover somewhere else on the flywheel housing that provides access to those bolts.
I'm not seeing anything like that. This is what converter looks like. The bolts around the edge don't turn, they seem to be holding the converter together.
Those socket head cap screws won't screw out?
No, they seem like they only hold the torque converter together. If you follow around the ring, there are some flat pieces in line with those bolts that seem like the back of a bolt from the opposite side, so I'm thinking that's what the back of those are like as well. When I tried to remove them, it was like they moved ever so slightly then nothing and if felt like something was going to break so I stopped.
Like I said, been years since I've worked on this stuff so my memory is vague. I hope someone chimes in here because I'm now curious.
I was wrong, it was the cap screws holding it on. I thought it would be like a truck or any other automotive engine/transmission where the torque converter had to go into the transmission before attaching to the engine. Thanks for the response.
Glad you got it figured out, but yeah, although my memory is vague on those things, I did know they are not like automotive torque convertors, just didn't recall how to pass that on to you.