Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyster Z90B Slips When Hot

Wiltco ยท 2020-10-19 22:34

As the title says, the transmission pulls fine when cool, but once the unit warms up if the transmission is put under a load it will slip and go from pulling pretty well to basically neutral. It happens in reverse first, but it will also do the same in forward eventually. I've read that milky tranny fluid can cause this. It was milky when I bought it, but I flushed it and new filter. It has some hours some hours, so I'm sure the clutches are worn if it wasn't already rebuilt. Also, not sure if anyone is familiar with this unit. What kind of transmission does it have? I've seen at least one listing it as a "3 speed powershift", it is a 3 speed. The tag on it has a Hyster number. Not sure if there is a common transmission used in a bunch of this stuff. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.

Replies0

No replies yet.