Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai 160LC-7 Leaking plunger on joystick control

Tontosgold ยท 2016-12-20 15:35

Hello clever people. My Hyundai excavator 160LC-7 has oil all over the cabin floor from a leaking plunger on the left-hand joystick control. When I stripped it down for removal I found out that oil flow from the 6 pilot hoses does not cease leading me to believe it is gravity draining from the tank or there is an accumulator forcing flow from somewhere. Is there any way to isolate these hoses or do I have to buy a plug for each hose?

Replies2
  1. #1uffex2016-12-21 05:20

    Good day Tontogold Beneath the lever you will find six hose connections four of which are directly below the plungers, the remaining two are servo pressure and drain, if you plug the drain line you will prevent most of the fluid leakage. Accumulators will only connect when the key is on and the cabin control lockout is in the run position. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Tontosgold2016-12-23 00:59

    Uffex, thank you very much for the information and you have a good Christmas. Cheers.