Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai 30D-7 brake chatter

txcharlie ยท 2016-10-26 00:05

Hello all! New to the forum and new to being a forklift owner. I recently purchased a Hyundai 30D-7 with 4200 hours on it. Mechanically it seems in very good shape, with the exception of the brakes. This truck has 'wet' brakes and I was told by the fellow that has serviced the machine that the chatter when braking is normal for wet brakes. I'm no expert and I can't be sure that any of the forklifts I have used, in the past, had wet brakes, but it doesn't seem normal to me. I have used tractors with wet brakes and experienced no such chatter. My test drive of the lift was unloaded and just a short drive around the parking lot, so heat build up was not part of the equation. Any advice on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated. Charlie

Replies2
  1. #1txcharlie2017-03-09 22:59

    No input?

  2. #2Numbfingers2017-03-10 02:55

    Change your axle fluid, and verify in manual but it might call for an additive in addition to the axle oil. Old or watery oil will make wet brakes chatter.