Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai 320 engine ID required.

Cmark ยท 2023-11-21 22:22

Hi team. Is anyone in possession of a Hyundai 320LC-7A? I have a customer who needs a new engine due to a fire and the engine serial number can't be found. It's obviously a Cummins something-or-other but anything other than Caterpillar is somewhat out of my wheelhouse. If anyone can get me a representative engine serial number, I would be most grateful.

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-11-23 02:12

    Is it an R320 LC 7A? Can't help with a serial number but looking at online specs. and a brochure to confirm, it's a Cummins QSC 8.3 with 237 net HP. Built from 2007-2010.

  2. #2Cmark2023-11-23 05:59

    Thanks WD. Yes, I believe it's called an R230 in some markets and a Robex 320 in others, but I could be wrong on that. No parts suppliers are interested without an engine serial number and I can't say I blame them. I'd be grateful to anybody who can access to a similar machine and can get me an engine serial number.

  3. #3Vetech632023-11-23 07:40

    I'm not sure if the engines are the same but there is a dead Robex 450 about 5 miles from me on the side of a county road. It's never moved since I've been living here. Looks to be the complete machine.