Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hyundai 450?

FreemanMachine ยท 2010-11-19 03:00

Hello guys! I found a hyundai 450 for sale a few hours from me and was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with these? Its a 1997 and has about 7000 hours, the tracks and sprockets look great, and I tested all the functions and everything works great!! hes been trying to sell it for awhile and the price is lowered to 20K, its a bit bigger then what I wanted but I can still work with it, what would it be worth an hour rented out? any input is appreciated! Thanks guys!

Replies8
  1. #1Jamiecorbett2011-01-01 15:04

    what is the work history of the unit

  2. #2stock2011-01-01 16:08

    Machine / Equipment Specifications : Year : 1997 Category : Excavator Subcategory : Crawler Manufacturer : Hyundai Model : Robex 450 Lc-3 Price : US $80,000 Location : Boston, Massachusetts Condition : USED Hours : 1,837 Equipment Specifications Year 1999 Manufacturer HYUNDAI Model ROBEX 450 LC-3 Price $49,000 Location Boston, Massachusetts Condition Used Stock Number 269C Hours 8,300 http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7209386&dlr=1 Your one seem to be priced right for some reason.........................................

  3. #3John C.2011-01-01 18:37

    Check the carbody for cracks around the circle ring and same on the house. Last I got involved with one on that brand the mounting plate on the bottom of the house looked real thin. Also make sure the electronics package is working properly and I would finally call a dealer and ask for price and availability on a computer and main wiring harness. The price is real good and there is probably a real reason for it. Good Luck!

  4. #4Dozerboy2011-01-02 12:34

    X2 there a cheap throwaway machine IMO but for $20K might be a good deal

  5. #5motrack2011-01-02 13:01

    I cant say much about Hyundai excavators because as a dealer we NEVER sold one but we did service work on a few. Most all service work we performed was electrical issues....... That seems to be their real weakness. We sold the hell out of Hyundai wheel loaders and they are a great machine...... very trouble free.

  6. #6andoman2011-01-02 18:42

    A friend of mine got talked into buying a few hyundai's and out of the four he purchased two split the engine block within 12 months of operation. Since then they've been nothing but problems, and I'd personally never buy one.

  7. #7motrack2011-01-02 18:52

    What engine did they have? Everyone we sold was Cummins powered. Even the current models I look at have a Cummins engine.

  8. #8Dozerboy2011-01-03 18:29

    X2 never seen one that didn't have a cummins, but that don't mean much since hyundai build everything that around it.