Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai Excavator Air-Conditioning Problem

dave59 ยท 2014-03-05 04:20

Hi there, The Air-Conditioning in my Hyundai excavator is not working properly. Temperature at the vents is 17C (62F) I have regassed it, temp didn't change. I have put power straight to the compressor clutch, temperature went to 14C (57F) but no colder. I have turned off heater taps at engine, in case it was mixing hot with cold, but nothing changed. Has anyone had this problem before or know the solution? Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1DJK2014-03-05 18:38

    Clean evaporator and condenser, remove cab air filters unless there new and. Clean, and give it another small shot,sounds like your a Little low on gas and it's kicking pressure switches out that's why you get a few degrees cooler. When u had had aux power to clutch.

  2. #2dave592014-03-08 19:15

    Cheers mate, tried out what you said but dumped the gas and recharged it with the right amount and it all worked fine. Condenser was blocked, must have been kicking out high pressure switches, although pressures didn't appear to be all that high. Anyway, it pulls down to 8 degrees now and it seems to be all fine. Thanks for your help.

  3. #31466IH2014-03-08 19:25

    I wish i had a use for A/C now lol. This has got to be the worst winter i can remember but not that i am that old (26)