Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai H-140 with low RPM’s and stall problem

gumper ยท 2012-01-10 10:05

I have a 2009 Hyundai H-140 with only about 280 hours on it. Recently, the RPMs will fluctuate and then the engine stalls....it starts right back up and idles fine and then as soon as I track the machine or operate the stick, it seems like it struggles and barely runs. All the fluids have been checked and are normal. I'm going to change filters and see if that helps... Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for the help. Gumper P.S. I'd go back to the dealer for help, but they don't exist anymore..... (Unfortunately!)

Replies2
  1. #1Zed2012-01-10 23:25

    yep great idea checking air and fuel filters first. It doesn't have many hours on it... are there any fuel leaks? Check all the fuel lines for tightness. It could have a fuel supply problem, you could try removing the fuel supply hose and running it from a clean bucket of fuel. If it has a fuel return to tank you can put a clear hose on that and run back into bucket and check if there are any bubbles in it.

  2. #2jason9752012-01-16 22:35

    make sure youre not sucking air in the fuel system between the tank and the pump, those japs like the spring clamps