Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai R17Z-9A

Robert Crocitto ยท 2022-11-30 12:58

Hi I am a new member. I am a Landscape contractor in NY on Long Island. I am thinking about purchasing a Hyundai Mini Excavator model R17Z-9A for digging small ponds and stumps and planting large trees. What are your thoughts on this Manufacture? A friend in the business is trying to convince me to purchase a Bobcat or Kubota or other name brand because he feels its a more popular brand and easier service availability with local dealers. any guys own a Hyundai unit have any thoughts. Thanks, Rob

Replies3
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-11-30 16:49

    Current and future parts availability would be a big concern for me. Is there a local dealer if you need servicing or parts?

  2. #2Robert Crocitto2022-11-30 20:35

    Yes that's my concern as well. I can't seem ti find a local service dealer.

  3. #3Welder Dave2022-11-30 21:12

    That would be a big red flag. What tracks does it use and are they commonly available is another concern. I'd stick to more common brands with dealer support.