Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai r55-7 aircon blower fan

1hdt · 2023-09-28 06:07

Hi there, I have noticed my cabin fan does not run, the light turns on when I switch it on but that's as far as it gets. I have pulled the seat up as it's a dual impeller fan with the motor in the center. I'm wondering if anyone on her has experience with them and can supply a service manual. Tia

Replies6
  1. #1RobertZ2023-09-28 12:45

    Hyundai has very poor documentation on their A/C units. They aren't the OEM for the A/C systems, another Korean company is. Anyway here is a parts breakdown. And double check that you are getting power to the resistors. They control fan speed.

  2. #21hdt2023-09-28 13:30

    thanks for that. I took the cover off yesterday and its hard to make out all the connections with all the dirt from the previous owner. The ac belt is also missing so im guessing the aircon is degassed. I was contemplating removing the box in the picture below to diagnose, until i figured i should cut a 20mm piece of tube to join the water connections temporarily while i fault find.

  3. #3LACHAU2023-09-29 09:52

    Hope to be helpful. Good luck.

  4. #41hdt2023-10-22 19:26

    this is the resistor, the number is WT-3 on the aluminium heat sink. The diode has a temperature rating of 40°c One of the circuits (brown) has no resistance. One has 1.2ohms. Another has .6 the other has no resistance. The diode at the end has no continuity. What else should I test or is the diode the culprit?

  5. #51hdt2023-10-24 05:51

    replaced the blower resistor thermal fuse. The thermal fuse prevents any damage to the blower fan or connected circuits by breaking the circuit if it reaches the melting setpoint stated on the fuse. This is what stopped my blower from working. The resistor pack can be bypassed by bridging the connections in the plug using standard blade type connectors.

  6. #61hdt2023-10-24 05:52

    The thermal fuse had a rating of 240°c, 240v, 10A. Fyi