Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hyundai rober 290lc-7 motor will not throttle up even on high all screens checked filters pump lines and pumps run fine was running fine but when you

BCLACOSTE ยท 2023-10-10 18:40

hyundai rober 290lc-7 motor will not throttle up even on high all screens checked filters pump lines and pumps run fine was running fine but when you move a function would stall out unless you slowly try to move more then one at a time it will start to run ok but now motor won't idle up passed 1350 and barely touch the controls the motor stalls plenty of fuel and air something in hydraulic system pump was checked and all pressures set to factor settings guy said the boom cylinder was by passing and needs to be rebuilt but ok to run and now it won't stay running

Replies5
  1. #1GeoffGood2023-12-29 23:36

    Have got one acting the same way, I've tried a lot of things, but last resort seems to be pointing at a new engine ECU. Did you ever find a fix? Please let us know if youdid

  2. #2uffex2023-12-30 12:01

    Good day Any error codes? Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3GeoffGood2023-12-30 19:51

    Fixed up an unrelated code, and now there are none.

  4. #4uffex2023-12-31 11:56

    Good day My information indicates you have a Cummins engine with a high pressure rail system, I believe you have a gear wheel pump feeding the system, as with almost any bad quality fuel easily makes damage to the pump. If I am correct, I suggest you check the output pressure from the pump with low engine revolutions. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5GeoffGood2024-01-17 19:55

    Hi Uffex, I wish it was a common rail injection. That would make it modern. It is a 5.9l with a vp44 injector pump. Of course reading up on the vp44 will give you nightmares, being an electronically controlled pump. Cheers Geoff