Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai Robex 210 lc -7 main pump case drain flow per minute

Lachlan Mackie ยท 2020-03-30 22:16

Hello, I have a 210lc with slow hydraulics all round Pilot circuit is all ok I cant see anything in the return filter without cutting it open I did find metal in the suction screen though nice shiny flakes that look like it could be made from the pump I have taken the case drain hose off and run machine to see how much oil flow there is and it looks like there is about 15-20 liters pm but i would like a spec to make sure im on the right track I tested at high idle whilst lifting the boom Im about to try again when im stalling out a function to see if more oil comes out A spec would be handy though haha

Replies6
  1. #1John C.2020-03-31 10:45

    I don't recall ever seeing a spec on case drain for a piston pump. Generally the reservoir is pressurized with air to force oil into the pump case anyway.

  2. #2tool_king2020-03-31 12:35

    I will take a look in the service manual. If you would like the manual what is your email address so I can email it to you ?

  3. #3f311fr12020-03-31 17:25

    Park on flat ground and take the cap off the hydraulic tank. this will depressurize the tank. Then check the case drain flow. Anything over 2 GPM would make the pump suspect.

  4. #4Lachlan Mackie2020-04-01 03:18

    Thanks guys, I have a manual thanks but it doesn't give a spec for case drain flow

  5. #5Lachlan Mackie2020-04-01 03:20

    Thanks f311fr1 Should this test be done at high idle with a hydraulic function stalled out?

  6. #6HydraulicGuy2020-04-02 09:53

    Lachian Mackie, if this excavator has two piston pumps one will do each travel circuit. You can check pump efficiency by cycle time of track rotation. Should be a spec for that in the service manual. Or to be sure have a hydraulic technician come out and flow test your pumps on the machine.