Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hyundai Robex 35Z-9

Jase013 ยท 2025-05-13 00:49

Hi there, just registered and posting my first thread. Managed to buy a 35Z-9 last week after three years of trying to find a decent excavator. Got the machine home and have a few questions to ask: 1. Went to do an oil change yesterday and noticed that the sump had an Easy Changer plug on it, contacted the Australian dealer who wants $140AUD for a quick change hose. Found EZ Oil drain valves online and they can deliver a new valve, caps and hoses for $90AUD. I'm wondering if anyone has used them before or should I just bite the bullet and pay the money for the hose? 2. I changed the final drive oil out and noticed that the drive only took 300ml before oil started to come out of the level hole. Put it all back together and noticed today that the machine struggles to track left or right. Tracking straight is fine. Also this is my first use of the excavator under 'work' conditions so I'm not sure whether it was doing so before I changed the oil out. Does the issue sound like a lack of oil issue or a potential hydraulic issue? if it might be a hydraulic issue, can anyone point me in the right direction on how to perform a hydraulic pressure test? Cheers, Jase

Replies4
  1. #1Mike_272025-05-13 01:15

    Hopefully these are close enough ... Hyundai manuals R35Z-9A Hyundai R35Z-9A Maintenance Manual manualshyundai.com

  2. #2Jase0132025-05-13 01:29

    Thanks Mike. I'll suss out the trouble shooting manual with some help from Google. hahaha. Would it be worth getting a service manual to help identify some of the valves?

  3. #3laidback012025-05-13 14:27

    having a 'shop' or 'service' manual is something I could not do without for any of my gear. It's usually the first thing I order online - no matter what kind of equipment. Hell, I just bought a Kioti DK4510 tractor service manual for $170 used!! Tractor has only 432 hours on it, basically new. But... to my mind, if you own equipment, you're well advised to get knowledge in hand to work on it.

  4. #4Jase0132025-05-13 15:06

    Thanks laidback, Awesome reply. Now to find that manual.