Have a hl740tm-3 and the front axle keeps filling with hydraulic fluid. I'm guessing it's from the brake system. Does anyone have any idea where to start on this issue. I have a Manual but it seems short on info for troubleshooting or the actual repair needed. Thx in advance
I believe they are internal wet disks so the only fix is to tear down the axles, find the problem and fix it, put the axles back together. Are the finals and brakes next to the differential? If so you will have to remove the axle from the machine. It's an easier fix if the finals are on the ends of the axles.
Guess, there are ZF axles with wet brakes fitted. something like MT-L 3075 or so. Brakes are in planet drive close to wheels. The only thing I found is a spare parts list with some exploded drawings. I could share in pm.
There are service brakes and parking brakes both in the axle. Unfortunately to fix either you have to disassemble. If it's the parking brake I have seen customers pressurize with grease to release the brake