On picking the container I'll advise marrying the choker eyes on the hook with a large shackle. I'll assume the chain come along on the one corner took the strain OK.
Thanks Ol'stonebreaker,well noted.
I guess I either forgot or didn't realize you had a tms300 as well. Glad your getting along with those old girls. Solid cranes those old groves are.
I like them because they’re structurally stout enough to pick by the seat of your pants in most situations. Shorter boom lengths you’ll pick an outrigger up before you fold the boom over. I’d love an old 80 or 100 ton for a yard crane!
Grove has forgotten more about building cranes then any new rig today would advertise .
Just a bit ot here but when did Grove stop making trapezoidal booms? At a job I had a few years back they had a 35 ton Grove that had the plate on the dash that proclaimed If It's Trapezoidal, It's A Grove.
www.cranetrader.com/listings/cranes/for-sale/18277915/1989-grove-rt875cc Something like this junkyard? Picking fool with that short main boom. Yard crane extraordinaire. Grove phased out the trapazoid in the early 2000's. The E models were the first without trapazoid booms. They really got a bad rap with the B and C models. Commonly referred to as pop a top booms. They were bad about cracking the weld at the the top plate of the boom.
Yep something like that would be ideal. Throw the chart out and pick by feel! Haha.
Knepptune,i have fallen in love with these old ladies and they suits well with my environment,easy to look after and they not lazy at all. I have purchased another tms475 on the waters now, just seen the demand since my country has been isolated for a long time and now its open for business .
Glad your keeping them busy evans.