I have one of the series 1 580SL.I love everything about it except the priority swing.I have briefly looked in to taking it out and have all but given up on how to remove it without spending big bucks.I am thinking about buying another CASE and swaping out the whole valve section to get rid of this option.I found a 2002 580L for a cheap price.Would this work or would it be more trouble than i am thinking?My SL has the extendahole option and the L i am looking at does not.
69zfarmer: I don't have a solution for you. I am curious if you have been putting up with the situation for six years ? Check out this link. HeavyEquipmentForums
I would think there is more involved than just simply replacing the swing section. There seems to be a couple of different swing section types in the parts manual, particularly involving a check valve mounted in the rear of the section. There is a load sensing line between BH & Loader & a priority valve in the loader control valve for steering & swing priority. This all needs to be thought about - I've never 'played' with this set up to try to stop the swing getting priority & would not recommend doing anything to the machine without some expert help. But, there are thousands of these hoes with this setup out there & most operators seem to deal with it - maybe there is something not adjusted correctly on yours? Have you checked / or had someone check 1) main relief pressure 2) steering relief pressure 3) swing relief pressue ? - maybe something is not right .....?
aHHHH!!!!! I guess i will live with it.And yes Tinker i have been living with it for 6 years.