Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I can’t wait !

chidog ยท 2024-06-28 22:59

For the bottom to fall out on all the pricing stupidity of this junk. Even if I had untold billions, never would I even think of wasting $ on crap like this, at that sort of price. And even the ones in newer and better shape are still just crazy. What gives? Used 1963 Caterpillar D8H For Sale in Wayne, MI - 5027553181 - Equipment Trader Used 1963 Caterpillar D8H equipment for sale in Wayne, MI . Find equipment online on Equipment Trader. www.equipmenttrader.com

Replies7
  1. #1MattR2024-06-30 05:49

    He's always insane on prices. Except when he's purchasing of course

  2. #2chidog2024-06-30 16:15

    Who is? The sellers of this crap?

  3. #3.RC.2024-06-30 23:32

    If prices stay the same, with inflation they are actually getting cheaper.

  4. #4chidog2024-07-01 02:18

    With a thought process like that, everything is doomed. What would be great is when folks that think they are millionaires, end up having to live like us normal retired working slobs, that got kicked in the rear by most everyone they had to slave for during their working life.

  5. #5chidog2024-07-01 14:46

    Essentially your saying go buy that $40,000.(or more), 50 or more years old D8, to find out in a week it needs $50,000 more of work done, then it becomes a $5,000 machine (one like that on FB Market now). A person that thinks this is all fine and dandy knows absolutely nothing about heavy equipment and what metal fatigue is, as well as all the other hidden problems all this old stuff can have. I just wish that if its so easy for some folks to just flush huge dollars in the toilet just because they either don't care or just can, that I could be the drain pipe.

  6. #6chidog2024-07-01 19:59

    So lets see, there is a D9H sorta local that has been on the market now, I think for over 2 years priced at 50K. I can not see the reason why they even bother posting it, they should spend the time and get the tracks on the correct side, shows their maintenace. I found out 2 days after the fact last year of an auction just 6 miles away, that had 2 very well maintained D9H's that sold for 25K or so each.

  7. #7boaterri2024-07-02 08:04

    Maybe if he moved the comma one place to the left.