Well I pulled a stupid move again, and now I need some help. Last year I could not find a deere ditching bucket for my 690elc, so I bought a 60" CF ditching bucket that was on a Case 9030B. I was told that it would fit, and it did. But now the problem. I tried to put my JRB coupler on the other day, and the pin spacing is wrong on the case bucket. It fits my deere buckets just fine, but the spacing on the case bucket is about 1" off. Great right? So now I guess it is time to modify my bucket. I am thinking about torching out the back hole, and getting some 80 mm flange bushings to weld back in. Will that work? There is enough meat on the bucket ears. Anyone know where I can buy some 80 mm flange bushings? Thanks!
This is only a suggestion , i had the same thing once . I cut straight down through the center of the ears to the base plate . I then cut off the front sections with a gouging tip (the front of the ears do less work) i then beveled all the parts , tacked them in the correct position and fully welded it all . You will need to add 2 filler strips to fill the gap (or a 1" cross bar that will not only fill the gap but also gusset the structure). I found it better to keep all the boss's stock , with the added bonus of costing virtualy nothing to do the job .
no u didn't! I like Iron horse's deal. You could also get a local machine shop to make you some. You would need two bushing boss and two bushings. Most likely you could go to a equipment dealer and get bushings then have the machine shop make your bosses. The bushings need to be hardened steel.
Or... check that SKF link in... Pin Bushings thread...TLB. Look at Composite dry sliding bushings... don't know if it will help... but, they sure have a bunch of stuff... and a lot of specs. Take care, OCR