Frank Sinatra I'm not. Other ways to mount over the bucket forks weren't going to work for me. My backhoe is intended to dig with back bucket by placing the loader bucket upside down, raising the front of the tractor. The big ugly plate steel hooks weren't going to work buried in the ground. I opted for three 2" receiver tubes mounted top of the bucket. I fashioned J shaped 2" quarter wall inserts. They can be removed when not in use. I think I'll clean it up & paint it.
Willie, that's a good solution. Same problem with my 580M forklift attachment hooks. Those forks look mine in the scrap pile. The forks are mild channel and bend easily.
These. I don't know the manufacturer. They are 5" channel closed on bottom. Vertical is 4" square tube 1/4 wall. Not a forklift, but better than not having one. I use the backhoe to tilt left or right & it makes a nice welding table base. Lots of welding is done outside.
damn I thought this was a Elvis thread-caught in a grease trap and all shook up.
I love it. You are correct, it is no forklift! I find when I have no one to guide me, I destroy many good pallets because I cannot see. As a work bench, I say prefect
I've been known to push the forks into a pallet before picking it up with the loader. Especially when it's a $6000. generator. Younger son was once in a hurry. A generator was in the way of the one he wanted. He gouged the front panel of the one he was after. A few weeks later we received a generator I believe was dropped before being crated. The damaged front panel was returned to Generac on the damaged generator.
Back in the day we used to laugh at the old timers when they told us haste makes waste...now we know better
Perhaps a back-up camera with a remote monitor would help see the forks ? Maybe use velcro to position the camera.
Actually, Aighead did set one up with good results. I'm tempted. For now I depend on a second set of eyes. He can't give hand signals, usually there is something made of steel between my eyes & his hand signal. I can't make out his words over the sound of the engine, but the anger in his voice gives me the essential information.
Looks like a good solution. Some of the welds look a little cold but shouldn't be a problem.
Willie that looks great! I don't use the forks a whole lot but the camera set up I have is great. I've found a magnetic adjustable unipod mount, stuck inside the loader bucket works well. I haven't really messed around with it's placement too much but I know that between the forks, at the top by the bar, was too high and far from the fork tips to see very well. Low in the bucket works well until you have something on the forks, then you can't use the camera to see where to drop stuff off. I have not tried near the top inside the bucket yet. If I start using forks a lot I'll likely get a 2nd camera for up top, so I have a view of the tips and a view over top of the load.