1st off i want to thank the guys that have helped me with my search and givin me great advice biggest fear ---3000 hours--2005 t-300 with gold package ac/heat/power bobtach with selectable hand or foot controlls - i was going to buy a mtl16(much smaller machine) but looks like the dealership took a deposit on it so here i sit - the machine must have been owned by a company cause it has a beacon on top, fleet number and a 2-way radio in it so hopefully that would mean it was maintained well ? was there any major problems with these machines that would scare me off, i am buying it for personal use on my farm. i can get it for around 20k and seems cheap but ???
I am not A Bobcat fan I have had them and liked there performance but, thought the build quality was not there. T300 are good performing machines, but in my opinion A 3000 hour CTL is going to be A money pit. Used Equipment is going realy cheap right now take your time and wait for A lower hour machine, be it A Bobcat or not.
I would agree. You could very likely expect drive motor issues, undercarriage replacement if it has not recently been done. The bottom is falling out of equipment values. Last week there was a TK130 with 600 hours that sold for 14K on Iron Planet. There will likely be much better values available just around the corner.
Well, I am a Bobcat Fan(equipment, not the company), but I also agree, on some points. That machine was had new for about $45k. I guess now they're about $55k new? This is the potential: $20k machine as-is. $10k new drive motors-if this hasn't been updated. $10k new engine (3000 hrs is right around end-of-life in my experience) All this, and the ACS bugs still haven't been worked out, evidenced by ongoing revisions to components. There was an update to actuators just last April. Bobcat is constantly tweaking and revising the software. ACS and SJC are indeed money-pits, unless you buy a new machine and dump it before warranty expires. $20k for a used cherry loaded T300 is a good deal, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to sell such a rarity.
found out today the drive motors were updated one at 1300 hrs and the other at 1876hrs. i havent herd many people having many problems with the kubota motors at 3000hrs, but maybe i need to research a little more
That is news to me too. :beatsme
I misspoke. I implied that all Kubota engines die around 3000 hrs, but that is not what I meant. What I mean is, that in my experience, the engines I have replaced seemed to die around 3000 hours. Give or take, but it's around that. I'm sure there are plenty out there with more hours, running strong, that I don't see because they're not broken. Sorry folks.
that many hours i would be leary of it get it to a dealer and have them check it over pumps undercarriage pins bushings are probably all need replaced as far as the engine hard saying but yeah i would look it over with a fine tooth comb