Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I got paid to sit and do nothing today.

Dozerboy ยท 2006-04-24 22:57

What's new right? Well today I was doing it in the Pass & Decal office at the naval base. I was going to have today off not by choice, but I wasn't to upset because it was supposes to be a nice day here. I was just getting at 8:00 ready to go wax my truck and go to the beach when I got the call. You need to go to the base to get the new passes they require to get onto base now, so you can start your export tomorrow it shouldn't take long . Well I have to give my clearance info to my company, so they can fax it to our security sponsor, so they can fax it on to base for approval, so they can give it to the clerk, so I can get my pass to bring my truck up to have my decal put on. Easy right? I got there at 9, went to lunch at 12, got my pass at 3:40 even though they close at 3, and had my decals on at 4. 7 :cussing :cussing hours to get that :cussing :cussing thing. It was a real good thing I was getting paid and it nice having some cute Navy chicks as clerks to BS with as I was sitting there think of taking there gun and shooting myself. I have worked in prisons, federal building, and on bases before never have I had this much trouble. I had 5 faxes sent made several calls and finely at 2:45 told them that they would have to have security remove me from the building. That I had to have this for this job to start tomorrow and if it didn't someone was going to have to answer to the core and it wouldn't be me. So the clerks went and got to the bottom of it. Rant over :usa

Replies4
  1. #1Wulf2006-04-24 23:30

    We regularly lose a complete day or more when traveling to mines to get security passes and safety orientation. It's the society we created...everyone covering their butts. In your case you are taking a truck into a naval base so its probably wise to run some checks don't you think? Look at it as your contribution to a safer world.

  2. #2Wolf2006-04-24 23:34

    the navy Well you hung in there and you won. Good for you. That's your tax dollars at work on that base. And too bad you missed a nice beach day. Are you into surfing? What's the project on the base? Is it more demo of fourplexes?

  3. #3Dozerboy2006-04-25 19:37

    Oh I agree 100% with the checks and don't blame the navy for how long it took, but they did 150 other people in the time it took to do myself. It's my companies fault and our sponsors mostly they should of remembered that I needed to up date my passes and sent the fax last week. The checks only take 1/2 and hour, maybe mine would take longer since I have lived in several states, I don't know. It's like the blind leading the blind around here. No I don't surf, I don't even swim. I do like to go there with my beach bum friends to drink, play football, and a little boogie boarding. I have a few retaining walls to demo, and some slopes to cut that is all I will be doing now. We are just in a big push to get the walls and export done, so I got sent there for a few days to get the stuff done fast. I think who knows I'll probably get a call to go somewhere else to night yet.

  4. #4Wolf2006-04-25 19:39

    Hope you had a better day today.